Thursday, February 13, 2014

We interrupt your regularly scheduled programming..

Dear Reader,

Define for me the word: "Listless".

I have been wondering for a while where I wanted to take this blog. Not this post, but this blog. Admittedly I've been all over the place lately. Most of it washing out as either heart-breakingly sentimental bleeding all over the internet, a hint of slapstick, and powdered sugar self help dusted on top. You're sweet to say it isn't so, but we both know that it is.

I know every entry can't be Oscar gold. (Is there an award for blogging? Will blogging eventually be rolled into a legit form of journalism? Am I wearing pants while I write this?) However, I do think that they should be at least passably good, and have some sort of point to them. It's a struggle with the melancholic temperament, the search for meaning. There needs to be a point.

It's time for some changes in programming.

I've also been reading less of the interblag in general lately.

There are a few I keep up on, and a few I wish I would post, but my interest and enthusiasm in general is at an all time low.

I've been phoning it in, I'll admit it. I've been so wrapped up in other things that I've been there for you less and less. I'm not proud of it, but it's true. I've been doing me. Exploring my horizons, working to put food on the table, and I know that's left you lonely.

I'm back from the road now, and I know there are few tried and true ways to jump start a relationship like ours. We'll go back to basics, you and I. A little you, a little me, a little Magick. I can't promise I won't stray sometimes, but I can promise I'll always come home..

That's how we get the machine to go, n'est-ce pas?

No comments: