Tuesday, August 2, 2011

What Did I Harvest for Lammas?

A freakin' WIFE that's what!

It's totally true! I got engaged this past Friday, and between all the drama associated with that, and working, I haven't had a chance to post much. It's all been good activity to be sure, but there has been so MUCH activity I honestly have yet to shave since Friday. I have to say, it's good to be able to tell about a million people about one thing, yet still keep it a secret from the person you live with, then have her so surprised she is rendered speechless.

As a result of that I am slowly getting even closer to Deb's family, not to mention my own. My family and I have been estranged for a while. Not anything big, but geographically we were not super close when I was growing up. Thus, I had close two twenty cousins, all told, about an hour and change south, who I am not hugely close to, but I care for. So on Saturday I had mom activate the phone tree and tell everyone, with the caveat that the wedding will be v. small, as counting both sides of my family I can easily fill a banquet hall on my own. And that shit is expensive.

So aside from a wife and a bunch of family, I've also harvested a sexier, streamlined spiritual practice. This is in large part to working through Jason's Strategic Sorcery Course. I've harvested direction as an Alchemist by working with the Ordo Octopi. I've also been doing well at harvesting the Capitalist Trinity of Money, Power, and Respect.

All in all, the year has been very fruitful, and I am profoundly grateful for all of it.

3 comments:

Simon Tomasi said...

Congratulations! I wish you both a life of happiness that grows every day.

Lavanah said...

Absolutely awesome! Congratulations on it all.

Hypnovatos said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you :)