Friday, May 27, 2011

What I've been up to, and why I practice how I do.

Golly, it's been a while, no?

I have been working like an animal lately, which is awesome! Honestly! I am uber glad that I have the ability to make as much money as I am physically able right now. Unfortunately, it leaves me crispy fried. I felt bad about this. Like a slacker. Like a slacker who is full of supermarket take out, and sitting in his boxers. Right now. Typing to you.

Ahem. Right.

Anyway, I was sad that I wasn't blogging, reading, or otherwise doing at my best, and most compotent level. Then I did the math. For the past.. I don't even know how many months I've been working the equivalent of almost sixty hours a week. Every week. That in itself made me smile. I WAS doing all I can! Huzzah!

Now that I've found that limit as to why I've been a bit lax, I can make efforts to push past it. I was bummed, I was constantly thinking of all that good shit I wasn't doing. Taking stock of what was up in my life helped me realize all the good shit I WAS doing.

My two main practices are what can be loosely grouped into "Energy Work" and "Meditation". I haven't done any ritual work in months, and it's made me feel a bit sad. Then I thought of all the times that I have worked meditation work, including Contemplation into my work day, into my commute, into my personal relationships. Serious. That meditation stuff gets EVERYWHERE.

The same with "Energy Work", especially in my practice it has a whole heap to do with spirit work as well. Also healing work. Also for self maintanence. Also to observe effects of meditation on internal energies. Also to observe the effects of internal energies on the mind, as well as digestion, attention, sleep, healing, etc.

Being as active as I currently am, I must use what I have. This, my beloved friends, is the beauty of a varied tool box. You might not always be able to get to the tool you'd rather be using, or the activity you'd rather be doing, but if you are present in the moment, you can use what you have. If you keep waiting on what you don't have to do something, you might never do anything.

There are many ways to skin a cat, but there is one Essence to it, one Arte to it. Learn the essence, and understand a thousand practices. Once you truly understand what you are trying to accomplish, you can at least make a valid attempt to do it with whatever is at hand.

As Frith said to El-ahrairah, "Be cunning and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed."

2 comments:

Gordon said...

You. Are. Awesome.

1) Supermarket take out? My favourite meal.
2) No ritual work in months? Me too. For the same reasons.
3) Folding meditation/energy work into busy periods? Me too.
4) Making peace with that particular situation? Well I just got there as well thanks to this post.

Jow said...

I am new to the world of supermarket take out. It is delightful!

Never forget the ways in which you are awesome, and all the good things you do! Because you rule. So there.