Saturday, September 18, 2010

On the light of day..

The summer of a million weddings is almost to a close, the last wedding being this weekend. It has been sobering to see parts of my character start as "Congratulations! Of course we'll be there!" go to "Yes.. Joyous.. Where is the bar?" I do love all the people involved in these Gods forsaken things, but I will be much more happy after this weekend when it is all over. No wedding is ever stress free, and as the summer has gone on the weddings have hit closer to home, for instance this past Monday was my mother's wedding. One can only soak so much emotional agro.

I will finally be able to devote my free time in my bathrobe finishing up my lecture on Alchemy: The Art of Life. We have Biology for the science of it, and Alchemy for the Magical Art!

I'll be presenting it at Crucible this year, and am looking forward to seeing all my fellow speakers and good friends that will be attending. If you are in the Princeton, NJ area we'd love to see you!

4 comments:

Pallas Renatus said...

I swear, why are the good lectures never in Florida? We have all the best sunshine, I promise!

My name is Fiona said...

I'm glad I found your blog it has a wealth of educational information.

Jow said...

@Pallas, I think there are some Golden Dawn folks in FL, I am surprised their temples dont do lectures or workshops.. but then again your state is very large.. I know some speakers are totally willing to travel to speak, if the attendees can foot the bill for their travel expenses, and then the lecture cost.. which admittedly can get pretty pricey. But if someone decided to start a meet up group or a con down that way, or if Arthur takes Crucible on the road a la Comic Con, I am sure the speakers would line up!

Thankyou very much Fiona, that is very kind of you to say! Sorry for the late reply, I've fallen behind on correspondences, even the blogging kind :)

Pallas Renatus said...

@Jow: The only ones I know of are Cicero's lot, who AFAIK tend to keep to themselves. The next year is seeing me pretty constantly busy, so as much as I'd love to get more into the local scene, it may have to wait until summer at least.