Monday, April 19, 2010

Jean Dubuis

This month, Jean Dubuis, founder of The Philosophers of Nature, and it's French progenitor, passed away April 6th 2010.

I never had a chance to learn directly from the man, but his students have presented some of the easiest to understand works on modern laboratory alchemy that I have ever read. His courses have been entrusted to Triad Publishing for posterity, and can be purchased there.

I only know him from his writings, and from them he seemed a very wise and down to earth man who distrusted unnecessary secrecy, and found it downright harmful. For that alone I would have liked the man.

Rest in Peace Jean. You left the world better than when you got it. For that I'm grateful. Thank you.

1 comment:

Rufus Opus said...

Amen. The Portae Lucis rite is perhaps the best passive HGA-intiation I've ever seen in my life. It cleared up so much for me in my early stumbling along through K&CHGA. I don't know much about the rest of his work, but if it was as lucid as the P.L. rite, it's got to be good.