Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Doc Savage, Bodhisattva

Being a great big dork, I really like Doc Savage, (Esp. as he is being reinvisioned as bi-racial and not simply wicked tan) and find posting his personal code relevant to all seeking to realize some form of enlightenment.

The Code of Doc Savage:

  1. Let me strive, every moment of my life, to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, that all may profit by it.

  2. Let me think of the right, and lend all my assistance to those who need it, with no regard for anything but justice.

  3. Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.

  4. Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens and my associates in everything I say and do.

  5. Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.


I also get a disturbing amount of inspiration from the transformation of The Monarch's Henchman 21 from a doughy gamer geek boy to what is essentially a Wolverine knock off with no actual special abilities. But still hardcore!

1 comment:

a said...

I would like to make a public apology to Saint Expedite for not giving him his due. As certain, St. Expedite fixed the problem but after not giving him his due, my relationship went to hell. I was so taken away by the reward that he had given me, fixed relatioship that I actually forgot to give him his due. While reflecting on the causes of the failed relationship, five months later, after much suffering it was recently revealed to me in a dream. Wow, warning to all, give St. Expedite his due or he will surely take it all away and then some. Now that I recognize my mistake and foolishness, I asked St. Expedite to forgive me as I am truely, truely sorry for not giving him is due..St. Expedite, I give you your due and thank you for what you accomplished for me in the past and the good things you will continue to bless me with. Thank you, St. Expedite, Thank you.AG