Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Mastering Witchcraft Cameo

Invocations from Paul Huson's "Mastering Witchcraft" made a cameo in "The Howling 2: Your Sister is a Werewolf", which is my personal favorite of the franchise, even though it is considered one of the worst movies of all time. Two words: Werewolf Orgy. Two more: Sybil Danning. I know the book came first, but the fact that it was used in the movie, made me love it a little more, I'm not gonna lie. Just the fact that the conjurations are read by Christopher Lee and then Sybil Danning in her awesome werewolf dominatrix outfit.. gah. That's what heaven looks like to me, kids.

I had it sitting around in my library for about a year or so, an impulse buy at Soul Journey, back when I lived on the same block as it.

I have to say, it's a great book. Would I have liked it in the beginning of my magical career coming from a Roman Catholic background and very conflicted? Nooooo. No. I would have gotten to the backwards Pater Noster and peed my pants. But as I stand now, I think it is a fantastic addition to any Witch of Magician's library. I still think there are less traumatic ways to break with an older faith now that you won't (usually) be killed for switching world views. It's down and dirty spellwork geared for effect, and not niceties. I dig that.

I in fact loved the book so much as a magician and pagan myself, I purchased the Dame Fortune's Wheel Tarot, and "Mystical Origins of the Tarot". All with my birthday giftcards!

The obligatory Solstice post will be up later in the week after the holiday crush.

4 comments:

Jason Miller, said...

Paul is fantastic. Have you read "The Devils Picturebook?

IanC said...

Mastering Witchcraft was entirely revolutionary in its day - I learned my first full rituals from it, after duffing at Crowley. It was the Spiral Dance of the 70s,allowing all kinds of bootstrap covens and traditions to begin. I agree with Jason on the Devil's Picturebook, though his new Tarot book is supposed to supercede it.
Now I have to go rent Howling 2...

Jow said...

@Jason: No I haven't.. that was his first Tarot book, yes?

@Ian: It's B movie excellence! Just put the kids to bed before you watch it. I wasn't kidding about the werewolf orgy.

elphaDIorio said...

歐美免費影片情色視訊聊天室4u成人pc交友玩美女人影音秀666成人免費視訊聊天情色論壇視訊成人文學成人電影漫畫貼圖情色自拍美女遊戲情色a片成人遊戲小高聊天室0204貼圖區熟女自拍