Saturday, October 17, 2009

It's all in the approach.

I haven't posted in a while due to various life reasons, including buying our first home. (Well, condo, but still, it's ours!) Other than that, I have been so caught up in scrambling for funds, time, and energy, that I've forgotten to actually act like a magician! It's a little embarrassing, truth be told. My dayly routine has been stripped down to its bare minimum for a while now, and I've been keeping up with my studies as best I am able, but in all the comotion I forgot dear Brother RO's greatest one liner: "A situation may be out of your control, but no situation is above your influence."

Remembering that flipped a switch in my head. Something my Genius told me a long while ago came flooding back. "Everything you do is about attitude." If I am focused on every damn problem, every outpayment of cash, every long drive, every achey joint, that is all I see after a while. But if I look at every hardship, and trying situation as a puzzle to be solved, a test of my ingenuity, and a purifier of my fears, agression, and bizzare attatchments..

It helps to boil those things out from the soup that is me. Turning poison into medicine.

I hate to use the word, "purification", because it implies that those things are impure in themselves. They aren't. In the words of Paracelsus, "Tis the dosage that determines the poison." It's also the ability of the individual to utilize the substance and make it part of themself. What doesn't get used, simply gets processed out. It's holding on to that shit that you cant use that makes you rot on the inside and drives you batty.

How you approach a problem determines your relationship to that problem. The best approaches turn the problem itself to your advantage. You don't see problems, you see oppertunities.

So, as a result I've seen oppertunities to step up my practice to include myriad small practical works every day, and lo and behold business has been better! Rather seems like common sense about now.. Not useing the magical tools at your disposal to aid you in your life is a lot like having a wallet full of cash, but never buying food because you didn't find enough change on the street!

Next big plan for a line of posts is building a steady practice. It's something a lot of people have trouble with, and I want to take it apart and put it back together.

On a side note: We got the news of our house right around Mabon, just in time for the fall harvest. We worked our backsides off (especially the Hearthwitch of the house!), and we couldn't be more greatful for the fruit that we've reaped this year.

2 comments:

Suecae Sounds said...

Sounds like a sensible approach. The "small things" make the big river, after all.

Rufus Opus said...

Ha! I just went through two months of hell, where my magical practice consisted of three or maybe four rituals, a grand total of maybe an hour spent doing magic, and the other 1,439 hours spent in near panic. I wish I'd had the insight you did, and it tickles me to no end to see something spoken through me have an impact. Why the fuck didn't I remember that nugget of wisdom?